High School Information for 8th Graders (and their families)
**More info will be added as we receive it from High Schools**
Open House – Feb 1st and Feb 8th
- MCHS is a small, cohort-based community of students. Our program starts with 9th and 10th graders taking courses at one of our sites located at North Seattle College and Seattle University. Rigorous courses in 9th and 10th grade prepare students to attend full-time, enhanced Running Start program in 11th and 12th grade.
- What we offer:
- Small class sizes: approximately 1 teacher: 20 students
- Social justice/ethnic studies embedded into the program
- Enhanced Running Start that includes:
- Mentorship and advisory courses taught by Middle College staff Ongoing connection opportunities with Middle College peers
- Comprehensive and personalized Running Start support
- All students will graduate with college credits and potentially an associate degree!
- Middle College Open House
- North Seattle College – Thursday, Feb 1st from 6-7 PM
- Seattle University – Thursday, Feb 8th from 6-7 PM
- Students who are a good fit for our program typically meet the following criteria:
- Prefer a small, supportive learning environment
- May be first in their family to attend college
- Has a strong desire to attend college
- Attends school regularly
- Impacted by racism and/or poverty
- Aspires to be active in school community
- Maintains passing grades
- Takes ownership of their learning experience
Open House – January 25th
Summary: Growth is at the heart of Nova’s approach, providing inquiry-based opportunities for students to turn curiosity into application. Come visit!
Open House: January 25, 2024 5-7pm
Welcome all: 8th grade families; interested transfers; Nova families
Open House – January 25th
This is a friendly reminder about the upcoming High School Information Night/Open House at Lincoln High School this Thursday, January 25th from 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
This event is reserved for our incoming 9th graders and other high-school aged students transferring to the area only. Our event is hosted as an open house with recorded videos on our website with all the pertinent information our future Lynx will need. We encourage you to take some time reviewing our online videos and information prior to the Lincoln High School event. Some videos are still being posted, so please check back again.
Optional pre-session welcomes will be available for our future students involved with or interested in being involved with our Black Student Union (BSU), Jewish Student Union (JSU), and students served on an Individual Education Plan (IEP). Pre-sessions will happen from 5:45PM-6:15PM in the main building.
The night begins at 6:30PM in our gymnasium with a student-run welcome assembly. Gym doors will open at 6:15PM. After, we invite students and families to a self-guided tours with identified areas for each academic program as well as information from student groups, student supports, the Student Based Teen Health Center, athletics and the PTSA.
Parking is limited, so we encourage you to arrive early and utilize other forms of transportation with carpooling, mass transit and walking. If you do drive, please be mindful of our neighbors and only park in accessible spots that do not block their access.
We look forward to seeing our incoming 9th graders this Thursday, January 25th from 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
Lincoln High School 4400 Interlake Ave N.
RHS Information Night for Incoming Students on Feb. 8
Open House – January 31st at 7pm
Ingraham’s Open House for next year’s prospective families will be on Wednesday, January 31st at 7pm. The evening will begin in the auditorium with a short presentation by Principal Martin Floe and then families will have an opportunity to speak with teachers regarding curriculum, including the International Baccalaureate Program.