09/12/21 LSK8 Weekly Update
Good evening, Licton Springs K-8 Families
We hope you are having a great weekend. We will be kicking off our first five-day school week with a Spirit Week!
Spirit Week: Students can show their school spirit by participating in the each day’s theme. Here they are:
- Monday: Cozy Day. Wear pajamas or your coziest clothes.
- Tuesday: College Day. Wear gear or colors of your favorite college or university.
- Wednesday: Crazy Hair Day. This one speaks for itself. Make that hair crazy for our early release day.
- Thursday: School Colors Day. Show your pride with Maroon and Black!
- Friday: Favorite Sports Team: Wear the gear or colors of your favorite sports team.
Associated Student Body (ASB): It’s that time of year again! We are ready to begin our ASB elections for the 2021-2022 school year. Here are the details:
- For 7/8th graders, we will have openings for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Class Representative/Alternate.
- For grades 3-6th, we will have 1 class representative/alternate from each grade (K-2 classrooms will be paired with an older representative).
- Students will need to record themselves giving a 1-2 minute speech on:
- What position you want to run for and why (don’t forget to include your name)
- 1 thing you love about our school
- 1 improvement you want to see with our school
- They can record their speeches on the Flipgrid located at this link https://flipgrid.com/be75d5b1
- Students have until 9/26 at 5:00 PM to submit their video to enter into the race. Once all videos have been submitted, your class will watch them and vote the week of 9/27 and results will be announced by the end of the week.
Good luck! Please contact Dante if you have any questions.
Hello from Hank, Our New Librarian: Hank Morgan joined our LSK8 Family last week. K-5 Students will visit the library each Wednesday. From Hank: Hello Licton Springs families! I am excited to join the Licton Springs community as the new school librarian! I am currently reading The Overstory by Richard Powers. Students and parents can browse our online catalog here: https://www.gofollett.com/aasp/ui/pick/picked . Here are some free online libraries and resources you and your student can enjoy at home:
- Library of Congress digital classic children’s books collection. Free to use and reuse! https://www.loc.gov/free-to-use/classic-childrens-books/
- Librivox is a free online database of audiobooks: https://librivox.org/search?primary_key=0&search_category=genre&search_page=1&search_form=get_results
- The Open Library has a K-12 student library available for anyone to use.: https://openlibrary.org/collections/k-12
- Students can also access Seattle Public Library’s online resources without a library card through library link. https://www.spl.org/programs-and-services/learning/student-success/library-link
Our Site Council/PTO will hold its first meeting Monday, September 13th at 6pm. contact the school office at 206-743-3700 or Blaine and Allycea (co-chairs) for the link
We are excited to see you and your scholar for our first full week of school.
Your Licton Springs K-8 Family